Going on holiday with a sister who has just started a charity painting initiative, could be viewed as a busman’s holiday. As it turns out, it was more of a brushwoman’s holiday…
The beauty of Vandy’s approach to these little paintings, is that experimentation is required and there is no pressure. It took a few days of decompressing before the sketch bug bit and I completed a pencil sketch of her cat (see above).
This soon became:1. watercolour of cat
2. a commission for a wedding present
3. playing with brushstrokes
4. an experiment in leaving areas unworked
5. more brushwork
6. animals portraits
7. some extremely loose painting and splattering
8. control and splattering
9. a bit less loose and more illustrative
10. animal portrait using masking fluid
11. & 12. masking fluid experiments
13. & 14. more animal portraits.
Phew! That was about 4 days of painting all together. Six of the 14 are sold. To find out which ones are still available: www.runningwithbrushes.com